Thursday, April 22, 2010
The Bureau of Internal Revenue gas release the names of the highest taxpayers for 2009. They are
1. Manny Pacquiao - the boxing legend
2. Elaine B. Gardiola - well-known DPWH contractor
3. Ronaldo Soliman - with business in real estate
4. Rainero Borja - BPO pioneer
5. Lauro Baja Jt. - UN Ambassador
6. Willie Revillame - Wowowee host
7. Francisco Guerra III - Do we know this guy?
8. Kris Aquino - Who does not know this flamboyant lady?
9. Patricia Zobel de Ayala - sibling of Jaime Augusto and Fernando Zobel of Ayala group
10. Manuel Zamora Jr. - Philex mining investor
11. Danding Cojuangco of San Miguel Corp.
12. Manuel Pangilinan of PLDT
13. Bea Zobel de Ayala Urquijo of the Ayala group
14. Gigi Chio Ibasco - engaged in construction business
15. Manuel Lopez of Meralco
16. Christopher Salcedo Co - ?
17. Justo Aboitiz Ortiz of the Aboitiz group
18. Piolo Pascual - a famous actor
19. Ramon Ang - president of San Miguel Corporation
20. Federico Lopez - again of the Lopez Group which includes Meralco
Well if you are wondering why some famous names in Philippine politics, business, and entertainment are nowhere in the top ten, well marahil andon sila in the top 100. Pwede kasing bumaba and income nila for 2009 o kaya talaga namang kunti ang income nila as individual pero ung mga kumpanya nila ang nagbabayad ng mas malaking buwis.
Hay naku, if only everybody pays the correct amount of taxes.
And if only the government uses every centavo of the collected taxes for legal expenses at hindi ito naibubulsa. But this another story.